Most Ghost Most Ghost

During the fight scene, your SFX volume plummets. The music was far louder, and it made them seem muted.

The spitting gag cracked me up. When he breaks the gun and the gun has it's own ghost, I laughed my ass off. Then the death scene.

Very well done.

Girls and Back Rubs Girls and Back Rubs

Your choices for this visual reinterpretation were stellar. Snaking her in with a box, little N7 armor guy on your shoulder, offering the girl a mushroom while she's thinking of the Mega Buster, and about a dozen other nuggets of gold.

Outstanding sense of timing and humor.

Also, btchz b tripn'

How To Be A Ladies Man How To Be A Ladies Man

I don't get it, man. This series isn't that great on paper, or when I try to describe it to somebody, but these little Armenian goofballs just charm me every time. It's not as funny as some of the other stuff out there, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi to your characters that have made me fall in love with them.

As usual, 5/5.

Casey, the Insanity Casey, the Insanity

I don't usually bring up other reviews in my own reviews, buuut....

"...you've got a long way to go for this to be a good piece of animation."

I disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, friendo, and I totally dig the animation here. The inconsistent, incongruent character models denote a style of animation that had a heyday in the eighties and nineties (Aeon Flux, Heavy Metal, The Maxx (to a lesser extent)). All of the fluctuation and movement appear raw and rotoscoped (which was actually used on Heavy Metal), and it's almost as if you simply animated from your concept art.

My main criticism is that it took the thug a very long time to finally identify Casey. I would have liked if that part had been ten seconds shorter.

Great work. I took the liberty of flipping through your other material, and I am very impressed.

Drive By Hi Drive By Hi

This made me laugh for a couple of reasons, but mainly because -WHY-??

Seriously. I was hanging out with my ex-girlfriend one day. Literally, later -that day-, I saw her while I was driving. We waved at eachother... like, if waving could prevent cancer or reverse the aging process, that's how fucking nuts we were waving. What the Hell is wrong with me?

Observational humor may be low on the humor pole, but it works when it's not campy. Good jorb.

A Knight's Hood A Knight's Hood

Stamper.
Oney.
The Shadling.
Retarded Animal Babies.

This isn't www.vegans&rainbows.com

It's Newgrounds. It's Everything by Everyone. It's hours and hours of sexism, racism, blasphemy and penises. So I don't know what imaginary version of this website you've been visiting all these years. Granted, we've also got a whole treasure trove of brilliantly artistic games and animations that make you think, and something like Bitey will come along and just blow you away from time to time, but you take the clean with the nasty or you don't take it at all.

That having been said, no, this animation did not knock my socks off. But the comedic timing on that tit-stab was perfect.

3.5

The Visitor The Visitor

I definitely like Butsaay's interpretation the best, as it makes for the most poignant story, but what gives me pause in believing that is the title of the animation.

"The Visitor" wouldn't make a very smart title if the monster were in the boy's imagination... unless "The Visitor" was the boy himself, visiting the lake, but that would strike me as a tad melodramatic. Titles are emphatic, so a visitor in this case would denote significant travel, not just down the street where you can run to the place from your house in a fit of teen angst.

Or I could be totally off and, like you said, "The Visitor" is the boy's imaginary friend... just not coming from as far away as that title would suggest. On another note, the animation style for the monster reminded me of "Blue" from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Five stars, because hashing out the source material is really fun and I almost never see an NG original prompting a thoughtful discussion like this one.

Kingdumb Hearts Derpence Kingdumb Hearts Derpence

Very slow start to what ended up being a decent parody. There were dips in the comedic aspect from time to time (it happens when you make an animation this long).

Microphone spiking was AWFUL at some points, so adjust the input volume when you're screaming and invest in a pop filter.

3.5 stars
Was leaning towards 3, but I cackled at the end when he dropped Cherlnobog on Xehanort. So 4.

Hulkulele Hulkulele

As it went on, I started thinking "this is kinda long for a NG original tune". But the song remained solid throughout it's entirety, it didn't seem forced or contrived, and the giggles just kept coming. I especially loved the Twitter/Facebook comments from the other superheroes. Despite the length, I was absorbed and didn't necessarily want it to end.

This is adorable, funny, and DAMMIT what a clever and catchy tune. Thankfully, unlike Oxbow Lakes, I won't be able to remember the lyrics to this well enough to sing it for the next 9 days (or else I would).

WooleyWorld responds:

Glad you liked it, man. :]
I like the in depth review.

We Played Nintendo We Played Nintendo

Sonic was better than Metroid, Zelda and Contra?

Yeah, okay.

Anyways, outstanding project sir. I was a Nintendo Power subscriber when I was that age, and was NES all the way. Three of those four games drove me right through my childhood and I still adore them today. You've managed to capture a little nostalgia in a bottle here, and we salute you.